Friday 16 August 2013

Exploring with Geo Board

Children explore well with open-ended games and activities. Geo Board is one of the activity that is good for them to explore with their creativity.


what makes it challenge during last night's activity was to create a shape with the geo board that I think there won't a replica in the class and with only one dot in the middle. I pondered over it for a long time and I couldn't think of any. I then thought of if I were to give this to the children, basic shapes are the first thing that they have to learn with it.



I went home and continued thinking of what kind of shaped can I form with only one dot inside the shape and the bottom row 2nd picture was what I had thought to be. I would try and let children play with geo board so that they will be more familiarised with shapes and enhances their creativity.


No comments:

Post a Comment